Mysteries are difficult to say much about without spoiling anything so this will be short and sweet!
- THE BOOK
- Seventy-Seven Clocks by Christopher Fowler
- Published November 29, 2005
- THE PREMISE
- In this case I think a blurb from the cover will suffice: "Art vandalism, an exploding suspect, pornography, rat poison, Gilbert and Sullivan musicals, secret societies…and not a single suspect in sight. Detectives John May and Arthur Bryant may have finally met their match, and this time they’re really working against the clock…"
- The prologue has Arthur Bryant recount the case to his biographer and then the story flashes back to December 1973.
- And like all Peculiar Crime Unit mysteries it takes place in London. As I like to say, what's not to love?!