Thursday, January 7, 2016

Book to Film News - Big Little Lies

An entertainment news report yesterday indicated major casting was complete for an HBO miniseries based on Liane Moriaty's most recent novel, Big Little Lies. Alexander Skarsgard (who is Tarzan in an upcoming movie) has been cast as Nicole Kidman's husband, while Reese Witherspoon will be paired with Adam Scott. Shailene Woodley plays the 3rd female lead. The cast also includes James Tupper, Laura Dern, and Zoe Kravitz, and David E. Kelley is writing.

This looks like it could be amazing. The book has three women, whose children are starting kindergarten, become friends while (naturally) harboring secrets. And a mysterious death occurs. Is it....murder?!

HBO's last literary foray was Olive Kitteridge starring Frances McDormand. I also read that book but skipped the miniseries as the story was kind of depressing. In that case the book was enough for me no matter how well-acted the miniseries was!

Definitely looking forward to this one but I don't know when it will air. I'm gonna say sometime late this year.

1 comment:

  1. I do not see a pairing for Shailene Woodley. Can I volunteer?

    ReplyDelete