Saturday, January 2, 2016

Big Plans for Book Blogging

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to Kelly's Book Channel.

I have been blogging somewhat regularly for the last 5 or so years. (The link to that blog --- Kelly's Channel --- is on the right side of this page.) On that blog I mostly write about the books I have read and I thought it might be a good idea to separate books from everything else.

My plan is to journal about the various books I read and possibly even about the books I don't finish.

I use Good Reads to track my reading and though I don't post reviews there I may start using this blog as my source. My user name on Good reads is Kellykar so feel free to friend me there.

I read many different things: young adult, history, other non-fiction, best sellers, historical fiction and more. I was never a big fan of the romance genre but I have certainly read a handful. I do not love mysteries in general but I read a handful of those too. I try not to be snobby about my reading. If it appeals to me, I will read it! If not, I pass. There are so many great books out there! But comments and book suggestions are always welcome.

And here it is, already January 2, and I have completed NO BOOKS yet. A travesty. But I am plugging away at Moby-Dick. It tends to get put aside because I own a copy and my pile of library books always comes first. I live by the "due date"!

And for the last couple of days I have been trying to whittle down the pile of magazines that I let build up during my November and December reading frenzy. I still have a couple of National Geographics and a whole bunch of Cook's Illustrated to get through, both dense with words as well as pictures and drawings.

I think the first books I will be writing about are The 100 by Kass Morgan and its two sequels. I am waiting on book 2 from the library before I tackle them all. I have not watched the TV show on the CW but I understand it differs a bit from the books.


Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Someone just added another blog for me to read. I expect the same quirkiness and humor that define this blog.

    ReplyDelete